The Netherlands is small, Wageningen even smaller... To guide you to Wageningen, the pages below will inform you on which direction to take.
Check http://9292.nl/en for up-to-date, door to door travel information. This website doesn't show if there are any interruption at railway stations though. You can check this website for any interruptions.
The 'OV-chipcard' is the system for the whole Dutch public transport. It is the easiest way to go around.
You are able to buy a number of different OV-chipkaarten.
The paper single use OV-card
The NS (Nederlandse Spoorwegen - Dutch Railways) site states:
- A paper ticket that contains a chip inside
- Handy for occasional use
- The most important thing to be aware of when buying a single-use chipcard is that you can only buy these tickets from an NS ticket machine (with the blue sign and white NS logo across the top).
- Tickets can aslo be purchased from the Tickets & Service desk at major stations.
- There is a €1 supplement on the four most commonly used tickets (single journey, return ticket, day travel cards and the AnaarBeter ticket)
The anonymus OV-card
The NS site states:
- An anonymous OV-chipcard can be bought for €7.50 at the station from NS ticket machines with the blue sign and white NS logo across the top and from the top and form the Tickes & Sevice counters.
- You can also buy an anonymous OV-chipcard at various supermarkets, tobacconists, the Bruna franchise and the service desks of other public transport companies
- You can find the nearest sales points by searching here
- No name or photo are necessary on the card
- Can be used by other people, but not at the same time: if there is more than one person travelling, each will need their own OV-chipcard
The personal OV-card
The NS site states:
- A personalised OV-chipcard without an NS season ticket can be obtained for € 7.50 ov-chipkaart.nl
- Suitable for public transport season tickets
- Can only be used by the cardholder
- Shows the cardholder's name, date of birth and photo
Wageningen is comfortably located between three highways (A12,A15,A50). We advise you to use a website like Google Maps to give you a door to door solution.