Would you like to have a buddy family when you arrive in Wageningen? A buddy family consists of 8-10 other internationals and/or Dutch and 2-3 buddy mentors. It is a great way to meet new people and have a nice group of international friends to explore Wageningen with! You can already sign up for the buddy program before you arrive, to be assigned a buddy family when you get here! The first period you participate in is for free, it is a ‘trial period’. After that you have to pay the ESN membership of €10,50. But don’t worry, as this membership card is really useful! It gives you many discounts on our activities and local/international partners, discounts on our beautiful ESN bikes you can rent etc.
No matter if you are here for your exchange, Bachelor, Masters, internship, thesis etc., as long as you are a student, you are welcome to join!
If you will join the Summer AID/Winter AID:
- You can continue with your AID family as a buddy family! Ask your buddy mentors to sign up your AID group as a buddy family via this form.
- When your AID Mentors do not want to become buddy mentors, you can get new buddy mentors and join a buddy family. Just sign up as a buddy kid in the form! If you want to become a buddy kid you can fill in this form!
If you will not join the Summer AID/Winter AID:
You will be placed in a buddy family when you fill in this form!
The benefits of the Buddy Program:
- You will make a lot of new friends from all over the world
- You will have buddy mentors to ask all your questions to
- It will help to easily integrate in the Dutch life, specifically the Wageningen student life
- Your buddy family will get support from ESN through exclusive activities and challenges!
- You will be part of a network of other buddy families